If you are looking for optometry Auckland services, you may want to consider John O’ Connor Optometrists, which is a family run and owned business which was first established in 1978. This company has a positive reputation associated with professional and friendly services backed by high quality products. This Auckland based optometry practices in Henderson and Newmarket both of which are open from Monday to Saturday.
This optometry Auckland based practice uses internationally recognized, high quality HOYA lenses. To maximize turnaround of the lenses, they are directly sourced from the HOYA laboratory based in Mt Eden. The eye exams on offer are extremely comprehensive and affordable. Every eye check is inclusive of a complete eye-health check and prescription updates. The eye-health check will also detect conditions that include macular degeneration, cataracts and glaucoma.
What To Expect From The Comprehensive Eye Exam
- Eye health assessment
- Eye pressure checks and tests for glaucoma
- Eye history to find out of any risk factors or concerns
- Eye co-ordination assessment for issues that include eyestrain which is computer related
- An evaluation using a slit lamp to assess eye infections, cataracts, eye allergies, dry eye, red eye as well as suitability to contact lenses
After each optometry consultation, the results will be discussed with you along with suggestions on the suitable solution in regards to your personal visual needs. The options available can include contact lenses or eye glasses.
In some cases you may be referred for additional testing that covers detecting retinal diseases, diabetes or other types of eye related conditions. Your optometrist may suggest further testing using equipment that includes corneal topographer, retinal cameras or visual-field machines that are typically used for screening for diabetes, glaucoma or eye conditions that include keratoconus.
Contact Lens Fitting
Your optometrist at John O’ Connor Optometrists is the professionals who will know everything about your eyes. This information is what assists your optometrist in recommending suitable contact lenses which are best for the health of your eyes, vision and comfort. Here is what to expect from a contact-lens fitting:
- An assessment of your trial lenses to ensure the correct fit
- Your optometrist will provide personalized training to make sure you know how to fit your contact lenses, take them out and to care for them
- These services also include follow-ups
The contact lenses on offer from optometry Auckland include:
- The one day lenses
- 2 week lenses
- Monthly wear lenses
- Toric lenses design to correct an astigmatism
- The specialty lenses that include multifocal, orthokeratology and RGPs
The optometry Auckland practice in Henderson has its own laboratory that cut lenses. This means you can receive your glasses in as little as an hour for the stock lenses. This company also assists clients in replacing broken, stolen or lost contact lenses or glasses through the client’s insurance company. This New Zealand business carries out the minor repairs such as tightening or replacing screws for free. They are also able to repair glasses that are broken at an affordable fee.